Monday, June 21, 2010

May and June

So let's see for May I got to:

see a wonderful play at Strasbourg, the last one of the year.
The music and the decor were very beautiful. I enjoyed it a lot more
than the previous play "Philoctete."
We also performed our last play performance of the year. I really enjoyed it.
All of my friends act really well. Although at the same time it's a little sad knowing
that it was the last time.
The family celebrated the 40th wedding anniversary of my host father's parents.


They have quite a big family. It's a good thing though, because then I have lots of people to talk to.

We also celebrated the baby cousin's 2nd birthday the next day. I attempted playing soccer with Clémence, Hugo, fred's dad, fred, and fred's brother.....

They are a lot better than me, but I don't mind because I had fun playing.

This month I got a chance to go to the pool with Julien and his little brother. That was really fun and I was so excited to finally go swimming! And I was very glad that I got another chance to do something with them again, because I don't usually have the time to do things on the side.

and for june....

well studying, studying, studying, and at the moment I am in the middle of taking my final exams.
I feel like things are going well, but I guess I won't really know until I get my results!

two notable things that have happened this month:

I got to listen to a speaker talk about scientific theory
and realized that I actually find that really interesting.
I talked with the speaker afterwards and he recommended a book to me.
I plan on reading it when I return to the U.S.

the second notable thing is that 2 french celebrities came to my high school for the day
and students got to ask them questions.

one was Dénis Brogniart, who is the host of Koh Lanta which is the French version of survivor.
the other person was Robert Pires a French football player.

I got to get an autograph from the two of them and was really excited because I even talked with them for a bit (in a mix of English and French!) haha

It made me think of my family in the U.S. and how we somtimes watch Survivor together.
It's seems pretty incredible that I'd actually get to talk with someone directly related with the show.

He even complimented me on my French! I was very flattered, although I know that I still have a bit of an accent. Although I am not bothered by the fact that I have an accent. I know that other people have stronger American accents and I think I have really improved a lot on my pronunciation.

I have less than a month left and I have already started saying goodbye to people which is really sad even if I know that I will someday see them again.

This is going to be probably the hardest part of my year here.

No comments:

Post a Comment