Friday, March 5, 2010

Jan-Febr-uary, because I have been busy and now have to write about two months

Well the new year started off great!

I can speak French, I'm in France, and I have so many wonderful friends and a wonderful host family!!

I spent the new year with a group of friends. We had a good time playing some rather theatrical games.....it makes sense seeing how many take theater class (including me).

Also in January I learned how to make the "gallette" for the "gallette des rois." Inside of it is a little hidden figurine. Whoever ends up with it is the king (or queen) for the day and gets to wear a crown.



January 13th was the celebration of my name!! The day of Saint Yvette! I never even knew this existed before, but it was nice hearing my family, friends, and even history and theater teachers tell me "joyeuse fete!"

I visited a city in Germany for the day with some friends. It was a little difficult since I don't know any German really, except for a few words. Oh well. It was nice hanging out with my friends, anyway. It was also pretty funny when we tried to order milkshakes and ended up with a tiny scoop of ice cream.

Apparently they've had a lot of snow here in comparison to previous years. Although I come from Maine, and for me it doesn't seem like a lot. I was glad to see the snow, though. Without snow it just doesn't seem like winter.

The next post will be about february break, I'll try and write it soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment